Thursday 1 March 2012

Tattooing

     Kat Von D once said "I am a canvas of my experiences. My story is etched in lines and shading, you can read it on my arms, my legs, my shoulders, and my stomach. But like everyone else, I was born naked and screaming, waiting for my life to write itself on my skin" 
This quote truly defines my reasoning of getting a tattoo. To show what I've been through, to show who I am and to show the things that are most important to me. I'd like to design every tattoo I get, tattooing is an art form, those who decide to get tattoos are expressing the artistic side of themselves. To me, there is nothing more beautiful that a human being displaying beautiful art forms on their body and making the commitment to keeping this permanent image on them for life. Tattoos are one of the very few things that will stay with you for the short years that you're alive and retain after death. They are a trade mark to our existence. They are very odd and more expressive of sentiment than any other thing. They are more fascinating than jewellery, they cannot be lost, stolen or borrowed. They are our personal beliefs and opinions on things and no one can take that away. Most adults of this generation argue against them, but when they were young, kids with tattoos were rebels, unlike how it is today. Soon, we will be the people in charge, we will be employing the young kids, we will not judge them on their tattoos but we'll admire them for the art covering their bodies. 


2 comments:

  1. Very true... Like I want to get a tatto no doubt, but if youd ask me what of, I wouldn't be able to answer, because a tatto isn't something u just walk into the store and pick out. It has to have some kind of meaning, seeing as like you said, it will be on you, even after death.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You should check out this blog post:

    http://cantfindpeace.wordpress.com/2012/02/23/body-modifications/#comments

    ReplyDelete