Thursday 29 March 2012

Carrie Snyder

I've always had a huge interest in pursuing a career as a writer so hearing Carrie come in and talk about it was a really amazing experience for me. Though I knew it was a difficult job I wasn't aware of the many obstacles that she pointed out. I do think it would be a very tough career, it would take lots of patience and lots of time yet when I heard her talk about the novels she's written in the past, it seemed like all the time and effort was completely worth it. I feel like being in the writing business you would definitely need a job on the side. It would have to start as hobby and then form into a career. I used to think that you could write a book in as little as a few months, but over the years I've learned it takes much more than that. Carrie helped me understand how writing a book isn't always so organized, most books aren't written beginning to end but are written from middle to end to beginning, vice-versa. Having Carrie Snyder come to our class was really nice for me, it gave me a good idea about what her world was like.

No comments:

Post a Comment