Friday 6 April 2012

The Hunger Games

I've read the first book of the series twice but none of the sequels. I can't say I am as crazy about it as a lot of other people are but it was a good read. I found the whole idea of kids murdering each other kind of disturbing but aside from that I enjoyed it. 
Usually movies that are based on books can never compare to the book itself but I found with The Hunger Games, they did a really good job. I felt that the characters were reenacted very well and the setting was also well done, they left out a few things from the book but I think they still really nailed it. One thing I noticed was that different from the novel, during the movie you didn't get as attached to the characters. In the book when rue died, tears practically came to my eyes but in the movie we literally just met her and then she was dead in the blink of an eye. I felt this with a lot of the characters, there wasn't a lot of time to get attached to the characters. I feel like if they divided the movie into two parts it would have been more of a thrill, we would have had more time to get to know the characters therefore their deaths would be much more heart wrenching. 
In the end, I actually ended up liking the movie just as much as the book. They did a very good job with it!

No comments:

Post a Comment