Friday 6 April 2012

Don't regret something that once made you smile

I've always thought it was the most stupid decision for someone to get the name of their partner tattood on their bodies. A friend of mine just recently got his girlfriends initial on his side and I was furious! But once he started telling me about it I got an idea of where he was coming from. He told me that she had gotten him through a really tough stage in his life and if they do break up the L on his side will represent the time that he was helped through something you thought he would never conquer. I still think it's not a good idea, who knows how things will turn out in the end, something awful could happen and their name, portrait or initials would be a constant reminder of that. Yet, if that person once helped you, once made you laugh and once made you the happiest person you thought you could ever be, why regret it? So, it's easy to see I am completely torn about the idea. I, myself would never do it but do I think it's stupid for others to do it? I don't have a single clue.

No comments:

Post a Comment